1. | 弄乱;搅混to put things in the wrong order or mix them up |
Don't do that─you're muddling my papers. 别动,你会弄乱我的文件的。 | |
Their letters were all muddled up together in a drawer. 他们的信都乱七八糟地放在一个抽屉里。 |
2. | ~ sb (up) 使困惑;使糊涂to confuse sb |
Slow down a little─you're muddling me. 说慢点儿,你都把我搞糊涂了。 |
3. | ~ sb/sth (up).~ A (up) with B 混淆;搅混;分不清to confuse one person or thing with another |
I muddled the dates and arrived a week early. 我搞错了日期,早到了一个星期。 | |
He got all muddled up about what went where. 他对什么东西放在哪里全然记不清了。 | |
They look so alike, I always get them muddled up . 他们看上去那么像,我总是把他们给搞混了。 |
1. | [c][ususing] 糊涂;困惑;茫然a state of mental confusion |
Can you start from the beginning again─I'm in a muddle . 请你从头再来一遍吧,我还是搞不清楚。 |
2. | [c][ususing][u] ~ (about/over sth) (局面)一团糟,混乱a situation in which there is confusion about arrangements, etc. and things are done wrong |
There was a muddle over the theatre tickets. 戏票问题搞得一团糟。 | |
There followed a long period of confusion and muddle. 接下来是很长一段时间的困惑和混乱。 |
3. | [c][ususing][u] 混乱;乱七八糟a state of confusion in which things are untidy |
My papers are all in a muddle . 我的文件混乱不堪。 |