1. | 必须;不得不used to show that you must do sth |
Sorry, I've got to go. 对不起,我必须走了。 | |
Did she have to pay a fine? 她非得交罚款吗? | |
You don't have to knock─just walk in. 不必敲门,进来就是了。 | |
I haven't got to leave till seven. 我可以等到七点钟才离开。 | |
First, you have to think logically about your fears. 首先,你得理性地看待自己的忧虑。 | |
I have to admit , the idea of marriage scares me. 我不得不承认,一想到结婚我就害怕。 | |
Do you have to go? 你非得走吗? | |
Have you got to go? 你非得走吗? |
2. | (劝告或建议时用)used to give advice or recommend sth |
You simply have to get a new job. 你就是得找份新工作。 | |
You've got to try this recipe─it's delicious. 你得试试这种烹调法,味道很不错。 |
3. | (表示一定真实或肯定发生)used to say that sth must be true or must happen |
There has to be a reason for his strange behaviour. 他的古怪行为一定事出有因。 | |
This war has got to end soon. 这场战争必将很快结束。 |
4. | (用以暗示麻烦的事或某人有意捣蛋)used to suggest that an annoying event happens in order to annoy you, or that sb does sth in order to annoy you |
Of course, it had to start raining as soon as we got to the beach. 可恶的雨,我们一到海滩它就非得下起来。 | |
Do you have to hum so loudly?(= it is annoying) 你非得用这么大嗓门哼唱不可吗? |