1. | [t] 处理,应付(局势、人、工作或感情)to deal with a situation, a person, an area of work or a strong emotion |
A new man was appointed to handle the crisis. 新指派了一个人来处理这场危机。 | |
She's very good at handling her patients. 她对待病人很有办法。 | |
The sale was handled by Adams Commercial. 亚当斯公司经营这笔买卖。 | |
We can handle up to 500 calls an hour at our new offices. 我们的新办公室每小时可处理 500 通电话。 | |
We all have to learn to handle stress. 我们都得学会调节压力。 | |
This matter has been handled very badly. 这件事处理得很糟糕。 | |
‘Any problems?’ ‘Nothing I can't handle .’ “有问题吗?”“没有什么我不能对付的。” | |
I've got to go. I can't handle it any more(= deal with a difficult situation) . 我得走了,我已无计可施。 | |
You have to know how to handle yourself in this business(= know the right way to behave) . 你必须知道在这件事上如何自处。 |
2. | [t] ~ sth (用手)触,拿,搬动to touch, hold or move sth with your hands |
Our cat hates being handled. 我们的猫不喜欢被人摸弄。 | |
The label on the box said: ‘Fragile. Handle with care .’ 箱子上的标签写着:“易碎品,小心轻放。” |
3. | [t] ~ sth 控制,操纵(车辆、动物、工具等)to control a vehicle, an animal, a tool, etc. |
I wasn't sure if I could handle such a powerful car. 我没有把握是否能驾驶功率这样大的车。 | |
She's a difficult horse to handle. 那是一匹桀骜不驯的母马。 |
4. | [i] ~ well/badly (容易╱难以)驾驶,操纵to be easy/difficult to drive or control |
The car handles well in any weather. 这辆车在任何天气下开起来都很灵便。 |
5. | [t] ~ sth 买;卖to buy or sell sth |
They were arrested for handling stolen goods . 他们因收受赃物而遭逮捕。 |
1. | 把手;拉手the part of a door, drawer, window, etc. that you use to open it |
She turned the handle and opened the door. 她转动把手,打开了门。 |
2. | 柄;把;提梁;把手the part of an object, such as a cup, a bag, or a tool that you use to hold it, or carry it |
the handle of a knife 刀柄 | |
a broom handle 扫帚把 |
3. | 有…个柄的;有…柄的having the number or type of handle mentioned |
a long-handled spoon 一把长柄匙 |
I can't get a handle on these sales figures. 我搞不懂这些销售数字。 |
I can't get a handle on these sales figures. 我搞不懂这些销售数字。 |